MacBook Pro/Windows XP under Bootcamp: How to turn keyboard backlight off

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi everyone.

I just got one of the aluminum MB Pros and had to install Windows XP on it.

What I find annyoing is that I can't turn the keyboard backlight off: The F8-key (as suggested by Apple's support) nor the way it works under Mac OS (dimming completely by pushing F5, turinung it off with the next key press) do the trick for me.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RolandG View Post

Hi everyone.

What I find annyoing is that I can't turn the keyboard backlight off: The F8-key (as suggested by Apple's support) nor the way it works under Mac OS (dimming completely by pushing F5, turinung it off with the next key press) do the trick for me.

Ha! You worried about the backlight? Wait until you have to reformat your entire HD because windows messed up all partitions.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mrochestermrochester Posts: 700member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RolandG View Post

Hi everyone.

At a guess, Apple would need to provide a driver or utility to support this.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Well, finally, with a free 3rd party utility the issue of keyboard backlight always staying on in Boot Camp has been resolved. Right now I'm typing from Boot Camped Macbook Pro with keyboard backlight off The program is available at www.powerplan7.com