Seamless iPhone -> iPhone 3GS Upgrade?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have one of the original iPhones, not an iPhone 3G. My current two year plan ends in February of 2010. I'd like to upgrade to the iPhone 3GS now. I see there is an $18 upgrade fee and a two year contract is required.

Is $18 truly all I will have to pay extra?

Does the new two year contract begin starting in February (when my previous AT&T contact ends)?

I am most confused by how the AT&T plan works regarding the upgrade. It shows me the following:

There's nothing mentioned about voice being included in the plan. The data and text messages aren't charged additionally to my current plan are they?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    You keep your current "voice" plan ... whatever that may be ... above the basic voice plan you'll be charged $30/month for unl data, $15/month for texts, and a one time $18 just because they can.

The new 2-year clock starts counting on the day of purchase of the new phone.

The Apple Store (and I assume an ATT store) will activate the phone in the store when you buy it, then when you get to your computer, just plug it in and it will ask if you want to "restore" it from the back-up (of your old phone). Doing so will copy all the settings/music/video/apps/contacts/data etc onto the new phone just like you had them on the old one.

For 99.9% of folks, it is painless and goes off without a hitch.