Inbox Sender Name

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello everyone,

When I view the inbox list for my iPhone 3G-S email account, only the senders email address is shown, not the senders name (as listed in Contacts). When you click to view each actual email, then the senders name finally appears at the top. The problem is only happening in the inbox list.

I have other email accounts on my iPhone, and the inbox for each account correctly shows the senders name when viewing the inbox list. Its only the iPhones email account that seems to be screwed up.

Has anyone seen this before?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I did a few searches in the forum here, but couldnt find any information on this. Forgive me if I missed it, but I searched the iPhone forum for "sender" "email" "address" and came up with nothing...

I also did a Google search, but no one seems to have a solution...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

I found this on the Apple discussion board, again with no solution:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=7948491

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fulmer View Post

Hello everyone,

When I view the inbox list for my iPhone 3G-S email account, only the senders email address is shown, not the senders name (as listed in Contacts). When you click to view each actual email, then the senders name finally appears at the top. The problem is only happening in the inbox list.

Can you explain what you mean by your "3G-S email account"? Are you talking about your MobileMe email account?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    fulmerfulmer Posts: 171member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickstl77 View Post

Can you explain what you mean by your "3G-S email account"? Are you talking about your MobileMe email account?

Sorry about that...

I mean the iPhones email account. In Japan it's Softbank. In the US it would be AT&T.

I don't have a Mobile Me account.