The World Trade Center - Tonight (11/13) at 9pm EST on the History Channel

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
As before, it will probably be presented with no commercial interruption.

It chronicles the history of the WTC, focusing mainly on its construction. Has a lot of interviews, not everyone who appaears is still with us, and I should warn you, they have some pretty eerie things to say. (If you've watched it before, you know what I'm talking about)

For some reason, looking at the WTC as it was helps me deal with the WTC as it is. Maybe it will be the same way with other people here, I don't know.

Just thought I'd give you peeps a heads up.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Recently watched the "French Connection" and if you watch real close there are a few quick backround shots of the WTC...half way built! It was awesome and creepy at the same time.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    That should be interesting to watch. If I'm not watching something important I'll watch.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:

<strong>As before, it will probably be presented with no commercial interruption.

It chronicles the history of the WTC, focusing mainly on its construction. Has a lot of interviews, not everyone who appaears is still with us, and I should warn you, they have some pretty eerie things to say. (If you've watched it before, you know what I'm talking about)

For some reason, looking at the WTC as it was helps me deal with the WTC as it is. Maybe it will be the same way with other people here, I don't know.

Just thought I'd give you peeps a heads up.</strong><hr></blockquote>

great show. they aired it the same way last month.

well worth it
  • Reply 4 of 10
    this is so weird to watch...

all the present tense...its disturbing...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>this is so weird to watch...

all the present tense...its disturbing...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree.... and just seeing everything there is just so creepy.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    the more i watch this the more it makes sense to rebuild
  • Reply 7 of 10
    "i believe they could sustain multiple impacts of jetliners..."
  • Reply 8 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>"i believe they could sustain multiple impacts of jetliners..."</strong><hr></blockquote>

That was the best quote in the whole thing.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    not w/out a twist of irony...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Such an amazing pair of buildings. If you want some good info on them check out this site:

<a href="http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/World_Trade_Center.html"; target="_blank">Great Buildings Collection - World Trade Center</a>

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: cek ]</p>