Should I purchase the 13 inch Macbook pro now or wait for a bit?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello, Guys

I just have this question as stated in the Title. I do have a computer now and will need a laptop once I connect my tower to TV. So it is not urgent. However I read some testing / benchmark for comparing the previous 13 Macbook and 13 Macbook pro. It seems like the new promoted macbook pro does not have a boosted performance. So maybe it wise to waiting until Christmas.

Please give some suggestion.

Thanks,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    scloughsclough Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chinese_ys View Post

Hello, Guys

I just have this question as stated in the Title. I do have a computer now and will need a laptop once I connect my tower to TV. So it is not urgent. However I read some testing / benchmark for comparing the previous 13 Macbook and 13 Macbook pro. It seems like the new promoted macbook pro does not have a boosted performance. So maybe it wise to waiting until Christmas.

Please give some suggestion.

Thanks,

This is a constant source of discussion on Mac forums. The short version is if you need a new machine and it meets your needs, get it now. If not, wait. There's no impending update, but one might come at the end of the year or first of the next.

Keep in mind the new 13" MBP is, at it's core, the redesigned machine from late 2008 with a better screen, battery, and more memory. With a major redesign at the end of last year and a refresh this summer I don't think there will be any radical overhaul of the 13" MBP any time soon. Probably just a speed bump and hopefully an anti-glare aka matte screen option
  • Reply 2 of 2
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    If its not urgent wait. Do also know that depending on whether they move to Core i3/5 CPUs or not they might have to take a step back on the graphics front.