Are there any chances Pages will export encrypted PDFs in a future version?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is that a feature anyone else would like to have?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L255J View Post

Is that a feature anyone else would like to have?

Not really.

Why specifically PDFs, and not files from other apps?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    I assume you mean what is commonly known as password-protected PDF's, if so, then you can already do this in the current version. In the PDF export sheet there is a "Security Options" drop-down that will allow you to set passwords for opening or print/copy elements.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    l255jl255j Posts: 57member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

I assume you mean what is commonly known as password-protected PDF's, if so, then you can already do this in the current version. In the PDF export sheet there is a "Security Options" drop-down that will allow you to set passwords for opening or print/copy elements.

I don't see it. I guess it's not in iWork '08.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:

I don't see it. I guess it's not in iWork '08.

It's in Print > Save as PDF dialog.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    l255jl255j Posts: 57member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

It's in Print > Save as PDF dialog.

Thank you! I did find it there. I didn't notice a quality difference, but I saw that it would export to PDF version 1.4 instead of version 1.3 when I modified the security settings.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Thank you! I did find it there. I didn't notice a quality difference, but I saw that it would export to PDF version 1.4 instead of version 1.3 when I modified the security settings.

That feature isn't part of the PDF 1.3 spec, but is in the PDF 1.4 spec thus you have to export to PDF 1.4 spec baseline. Certain features in PDF 1.5 aren't in PDF 1.4 and when you use those that new baseline will be required.