Syncing mail folders and mail to new Macbook Pro

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I've got a new Macbook Pro that I'm syncing through MobileMe to the older macbook pro it's replacing, as well as my desktop iMac. It has synced the mail properly, but on the laptop, which has been my main mac for mail etc, there are a lot of folders, old mail etc. I never had these folders etc on the desktop. I would now like to sync (copy) these folders and all the saved mail in them to the new laptop, and sync the whole thing with the iMac. Is there a way to do that? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    You have already started a thread on what appears to be this very same issue. It is rude to continually ask the same question.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    soundhoundsoundhound Posts: 134member
    This is a separate though related issue relating to the mail folders and transfering them, and I felt it might get missed by someone who could help. It's rude of you to assume the role of adminstrator, unless that is your job on this forum.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Recreate your folder structure in the MobileMe Archive email folder. Copy all your old emails to the cloud. Start using IMAP and leave all but the last month, two months, three months whatever works for you... worth of email on your computer(s). This is what is done in the corporate world. You don't need 5 years of email at your beckon call but for archival purposes you might, this is where the cloud serves an excellent purpose.