ipod touch with GPS?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
everyone keeps talking about the camera but i think GPS would be a better feature. every single cell phone comes with a camera i mean it would be a nice addition but i think a more practical one would be GPS. most ppl already have a camera on them all the time because of there cell phones but how many people actually have GPS? not many. i think thats the real killer feature and hey if we actually get both that'd be awesome.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    biikmanbiikman Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104 View Post

everyone keeps talking about the camera but i think GPS would be a better feature. every single cell phone comes with a camera i mean it would be a nice addition but i think a more practical one would be GPS. most ppl already have a camera on them all the time because of there cell phones but how many people actually have GPS? not many. i think thats the real killer feature and hey if we actually get both that'd be awesome.

Kinda of pointless to me, as if you were out and about or lost i nan area without wi-fi GPS would be useless.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I am agree with you shady104.It is a good idea.If iPhone has GPS ,then why should not in iPod Touch.

There are a large number of mini music players available in market which are basically inspired by iPod.However,they are not Good as iPod in context of brand and quality.But,still people buy those products.

If Apple provide a GPS facility in iPod also just like iPhone.Then ,it would be an innovative step which make iPod more different from other and definitely there would be increase in sells more and more .

Just image Google map in Ipod touch.Sounds really good !!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackkorner View Post

I am agree with you shady104.It is a good idea.If iPhone has GPS ,then why should not in iPod Touch.

There are a large number of mini music players available in market which are basically inspired by iPod.However,they are not Good as iPod in context of brand and quality.But,still people buy those products.

If Apple provide a GPS facility in iPod also just like iPhone.Then ,it would be an innovative step which make iPod more different from other and definitely there would be increase in sells more and more .

Just image Google map in Ipod touch.Sounds really good !!

Then it seriously makes no sense in getting an iPhone. It's really silly IMO when everybody wants everything in an iPod Touch. Sure, sounds nice but that would increase the touch's sales and may even cause a drop in iPhone sales. Guess I'll have to say the iPod Touch is the poor man's iPhone.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    well said..
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akius View Post

well said..

Whose phrase is well said?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by biikman View Post

Kinda of pointless to me, as if you were out and about or lost i nan area without wi-fi GPS would be useless.

A GPS receiver does not require WiFi or a wireless phone network to determine locations in either 2D or 3D. The receiver will "aquire" at least 4 satelites (sometimes as many as 12) in geosynchronous orbit and use the location information from those satelites to triangulate your position on earth (and altitude above Mean Sea Level).

Small receivers such as those in cellphones tend to be less accurate than those in say a Garmin handheld unit which is less accurate than the receiver in a large OEM auto unit. The size of the antenna(s) tend to determine the accuracy available from a give unit.