When is the best time to get a Imac???

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi, I am a new Apple lover, I got the Iphone 3GS and love it to death, I was at Soho Apple in Manhattan New York store and watched countless presentations about the Macs operating systems and what to do plus how to use Macs and Mac apps. Anyway I plan to get a IMac soon and do away with anything windows, other then maybe be able to run windows 7 on my IMac.

My question here is when is the right time to buy a IMac I hear rumors that a beefed up IMac will be released in the coming months with a price drop compared to current models also word I hear is that there will be a new Mac operating system sometime to be released in coming months. So if someone can advise a Mac newbie around when it the right time to make my IMac purchase. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jetsetjetset Posts: 18member
    It's only $29 for Snow Leopard (upgrade) and that comes out this september so they MAY release a new iMac then. All new Macs after that will have SL preinstalled. You can wait and save a few bucks or buy now and get an awesome Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    The time to buy is usually when you want it/need it. There is always something "just around the corner" and you could just keep waiting. Rumors also are often that: rumors, and they don't always come true, especially for Apple. They are a very secretive company.

You can check here to see how long it's been since a refresh:

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iMac
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

The time to buy is usually when you want it/need it.

...and have the money!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xplics View Post

Hi, I am a new Apple lover, I got the Iphone 3GS and love it to death, I was at Soho Apple in Manhattan New York store and watched countless presentations about the Macs operating systems and what to do plus how to use Macs and Mac apps. Anyway I plan to get a IMac soon and do away with anything windows, other then maybe be able to run windows 7 on my IMac.

My question here is when is the right time to buy a IMac I hear rumors that a beefed up IMac will be released in the coming months with a price drop compared to current models also word I hear is that there will be a new Mac operating system sometime to be released in coming months. So if someone can advise a Mac newbie around when it the right time to make my IMac purchase. Thanks in advance.

January 2010 for a possible refresh. Trust me, you should wait till then for a new iMac.