PALM investors still don't get the message

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
After Sprint posted it's second-quarter results it's stock closed 11.76% down from yesterday. The shares of Palm are flat. I would be worried:
  • Sprint lost almost 1 million post-paid subscribers. ALL Pre customers are in this category.

• No word on Pre sales numbers, again. If they had something encouraging to say, they would.

• They admitted that the majority of the Pre customers are existing Sprint customers.

• They did say the Pre has "mitigated" some of the effect Sprint would have felt from the release of Apple's latest update to the iPhone. Wasn't the Pre supposed to attract AT&T customers in droves when their iPhone contracts expire? Looks like they preferred to stay in line for an updated iPhone instead.

I will say it again: unless there is some sort of acquisition opportunity I see no value in their stock. I am afraid it is valued too high to make Palm attractive acquisition target. And when the stock explodes, it will be too late.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    OH NOOOOOOOO

take over bait as the stock price comes down

webos is the target
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadow View Post

[*]No word on Pre sales numbers, again. If they had something encouraging to say, they would.

There was a figure of early Pre sales and it wasn't good. It was something like 1/10th the number of iphone sales. The reports of the device build quality and returns didn't go over too well either.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadow View Post

I will say it again: unless there is some sort of acquisition opportunity I see no value in their stock. I am afraid it is valued too high to make Palm attractive acquisition target. And when the stock explodes, it will be too late.

It's probably hype as usual. There are a large number of people who just want to see Apple fail because they can't afford their products or have more respect for rival companies. Because the Pre showed some advantages over the iphone like allowed full multi-tasking and physical keyboard (advantages for some people - though you can't use it in landscape), people have latched onto it like it's their way to get back at Apple.

Investors probably have the same idea that there will be enough buyers who want to see Apple fail that it's worth buying stock.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Investors probably have the same idea that there will be enough buyers who want to see Apple fail that it's worth buying stock.

That's the point. The evidence is mounting that there are NO enough buyers.