Syncing new ringtones on iPhone, wipes out songs/videos?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I'm really happy I finally got my new 32Gig iPhone last friday. What an amazing device! Woohoo! But there is something weird I can't figure out. If I try to synch new ringstones, the iPhone wants to wipe all the music and videos??? I can put it all back, but it's a pain in the $%? since I manually put all the stuff in (I have over 50G off music in my iTunes), carefully selecting what I want on the iPhone. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

deekat

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deekat View Post

I'm really happy I finally got my new 32Gig iPhone last friday. What an amazing device! Woohoo! But there is something weird I can't figure out. If I try to synch new ringstones, the iPhone wants to wipe all the music and videos??? I can put it all back, but it's a pain in the $%? since I manually put all the stuff in (I have over 50G off music in my iTunes), carefully selecting what I want on the iPhone. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

deekat

I have 60GB of music on my iTunes. That's wierd. Are you trying to save the ringtone separately or together with your music library?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    deekatdeekat Posts: 4member
    Well I drag the ringtone in iTunes and it automatically recongnize it and places it in the «ringtones» section of iTunes. At this point everything seems to bo going normally.

But when connect my iPhone to my MBP. In the ringtone tab, I try to check the checkboxes so I can choose witch ringtone I want. But all the checkboxes stay greyed out and aren't clickable? That's whats weird.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deekat View Post

Well I drag the ringtone in iTunes and it automatically recongnize it and places it in the «ringtones» section of iTunes. At this point everything seems to bo going normally.

But when connect my iPhone to my MBP. In the ringtone tab, I try to check the checkboxes so I can choose witch ringtone I want. But all the checkboxes stay greyed out and aren't clickable? That's whats weird.

Yeah, that's wierd. Sorry but I'm not very sure then.