Apple's Snow Leopard rumored to be Gold Master

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 234
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

It's not being "pushed back" because September is when Apple said it would be released. They NEVER said it would be released in August.

This is just supposition.

No it's not. They wrote it on their websites throughout the world.
  • Reply 222 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Methos View Post

This will be my first Mac, so I'm curious about the online Apple Store. When I make my purchase (the day SL is released and comes on my new Mac), how long will it typically take the online store to ship my Mac to me? Is the online store typically slow immediately after a new release, or will it reach me in a relatively quick amount of time?

I asked this question previously in another thread, but the only one who answered me replied with the physical store, rather then the online store.

Typically not. Delays tend to happen with new Mac launches not with the OS and sometimes with the holiday season. Note that you will be able to get the Snow Leopard upgrade for free if you buy your Mac within two weeks of the OS release. You could also just spend the $10 if it's past the first week of September and just get a Mac now, though you may also Wang to wait until the new Macs get released since we are well into the HW cycle.
  • Reply 223 of 234
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

No it's not. They wrote it on their websites throughout the world.

It was an error, remember? They never officially announced it. Until they do, it doesn't count. The official date is still September.
  • Reply 224 of 234
    Quote:

It was an error, remember? They never officially announced it. Until they do, it doesn't count. The official date is still September.

I'm going to agree with melgross on this one. It was either an error, a leak, or a test of the system. Until there is a press release, I don't think it counts as "being pushed back".
  • Reply 225 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPhone91 View Post

I'm going to agree with melgross on this one. It was either an error, a leak, or a test of the system. Until there is a press release, I don't think it counts as "being pushed back".

Right. Pushed back was when 10.5 was pushed back by a few months because of the iPhone. Apple made an announcement about that.

This was an "Oops! We didn't mean to do that".
  • Reply 226 of 234
    Quote:

An error lol, I'm not buying it. I've never made an error like that on one of my sites, I'm going to say Apple wouldn't either. They probably changed their mind. You don't just throw up a random date by accident.
  • Reply 227 of 234
    Quote:

An error lol, I'm not buying it. I've never made an error like that on one of my sites, I'm going to say Apple wouldn't either. They probably changed their mind. You don't just throw up a random date by accident.

Of course they do. You may have your sites, but nothing you do is even a fraction of one percent as complex as what Apple does, nor do you have a measurable number of employees working on them who might make a mistake.

What we're talking about here, is not whether Apple MIGHT decide to release the OS early, but whether they've made an announcement to that effect, and then said that they decided not to.

That never happened.

Officially, September remains the release month. If they release it Friday, then they will be releasing it earlier than the announced release date.
  • Reply 228 of 234
    Not that it's THAT big a deal... Aug 28th... September 28th... WHATEVER!

But I did happen to speak to Apple Customer Service, cuz I just bought a 17" MBP and was inquiring about whether or not I would be getting a FREE 10.6 upgrade., She said yes (but $9.95 shipping) and that there SHOULD be a 'recent purchase' link on the AppleStore when it's released on September 8th.

Just an FYI.
  • Reply 229 of 234
    Quote:

Of course they do. You may have your sites, but nothing you do is even a fraction of one percent as complex as what Apple does, nor do you have a measurable number of employees working on them who might make a mistake.

Still not buying it. They are creatine buzz and it's working. Of course we're both guessing, but that's my bet.
  • Reply 230 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post

Not that it's THAT big a deal... Aug 28th... September 28th... WHATEVER!

Exactly, anyway I'm running it now. Final build is 10A432. 10A435 is likely a prank.
  • Reply 231 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

Typically not. Delays tend to happen with new Mac launches not with the OS and sometimes with the holiday season. Note that you will be able to get the Snow Leopard upgrade for free if you buy your Mac within two weeks of the OS release. You could also just spend the $10 if it's past the first week of September and just get a Mac now, though you may also Wang to wait until the new Macs get released since we are well into the HW cycle.

I'm seriously considering buying the Mac now and just upgrading, but I hate to buy it if SL is going to be released in one week. Granted, had I bought it last week on Monday (when I applied for the 0%), I'd probably have it by now. \
  • Reply 232 of 234
    Quote:

Still not buying it. They are creatine buzz and it's working. Of course we're both guessing, but that's my bet.

I'm going to wait a few days anyway.

What's annoying is that now Amazon is charging NYS taxes on their sales, as well as shipping.

Also, Newegg seems to have dropped out as an Apple dealer. You can't find anything on their site by using the word "Apple".
  • Reply 233 of 234
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

I'm going to wait a few days anyway.

What's annoying is that now Amazon is charging NYS taxes on their sales, as well as shipping.

Also, Newegg seems to have dropped out as an Apple dealer. You can't find anything on their site by using the word "Apple".

You're right. It must be a very recent change, I seem to recall an Apple drop down menu only a month ago.
  • Reply 234 of 234
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

You're right. It must be a very recent change, I seem to recall an Apple drop down menu only a month ago.

Last time I looked a few weeks ago it was there.

I wonder why? It's disappointing, and I hope, not some problem.

But with Apple becoming more popular, why would this happen?