Maintaining Settings During A Sync

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
My wife and I both have an iPhone and she uses custom rings. Every time we sync her phone all of her ringtones revert back to default. Does anyone know how to set iTunes, or the iPhone, so that her settings are not changed during the sync?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    You can do that in iTunes. Select manually sync so when you plug ur iPhone to your Mac it will not sync, just charge.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Even so... Methos shouldn't have that problem... I also use a bunch of custom-made ringtones and they stay assigned just fine. And I have iTunes set to sync automatically every time the phone is plugged in. Phone settings should stay the same during syncing.

Something else is messed up with your setup.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post

You can do that in iTunes. Select manually sync so when you plug ur iPhone to your Mac it will not sync, just charge.

I do have it set to manual sync, so that isn't the problem.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Something else is messed up with your setup.

My apologies. One thing I failed to mention is that I'm using Windows Vista with the service pack. I'm not sure if this is what is causing the problem. Could it be a Vista problem, or is there some settings I need to adjust on iTunes or the iPhone?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Methos View Post

I do have it set to manual sync, so that isn't the problem.

My apologies. One thing I failed to mention is that I'm using Windows Vista with the service pack. I'm not sure if this is what is causing the problem. Could it be a Vista problem, or is there some settings I need to adjust on iTunes or the iPhone?

High chance it's a vista problem IMO.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post

High chance it's a vista problem IMO.

I very much doubt it's a Vista problem since Vista has nothing to do with the Sync. It's an iPhone or iTunes problem - you just need to figure out what setting it is.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

I very much doubt it's a Vista problem since Vista has nothing to do with the Sync. It's an iPhone or iTunes problem - you just need to figure out what setting it is.

I think the OP needs to upgrade iTunes to 8.2.2 , then see how it turns out..