Default home screen will be album covers on MacTouch

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was looking at that mockup on Gizmodo, and something kept nagging at me- what do you get when you hi the home screen? If you have the app icons in a row a the bottom, and home exits the current app and takes you back there... what do you have? Blank space? Then I realized it- album covers- the default screen will be album covers.

Also after reading the reports of media people who are excited about it- this has got to be it- any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post

I was looking at that mockup on Gizmodo, and something kept nagging at me- what do you get when you hi the home screen? If you have the app icons in a row a the bottom, and home exits the current app and takes you back there... what do you have? Blank space? Then I realized it- album covers- the default screen will be album covers.

Also after reading the reports of media people who are excited about it- this has got to be it- any thoughts?

No way Jose!

That would suck! My guess is that either it's going to be wallpaper or it's going to be some new type of UI where wallpaper wouldn't be needed. And that won't include a blank, black background.

But it would suck immensely if they went the corporate route and force album covers as wallpaper.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    iansilviansilv Posts: 283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

No way Jose!

That would suck! My guess is that either it's going to be wallpaper or it's going to be some new type of UI where wallpaper wouldn't be needed. And that won't include a blank, black background.

But it would suck immensely if they went the corporate route and force album covers as wallpaper.

My names not Jose! It's Ian!!

Uhhmmm... Ok. Nevermind about that....

No seriously- think coverflow- always- your album art. Motion sensitive to if it's not moved for like 30 sec it goes off like a remote control. Pick it up, if no app is loaded it shows your coverflow. I think it would be cool...