Monster "xpresso" drink

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I'm referring to the popular brand of energy drinks, and the new "xpresso" flavor.

Has anyone tried this other than me? It may not technically be espresso because it contains milk and sugar, but I'm perplexed and amazed at how a canned drink can manage to perfectly self-foam when you pour it, with no widget like that used in Guinness. The effect is otherwise pretty similar. Seriously, this alone is worth the price of admission ($2.50).

I feel a little bit woozy though. I guess I'm not "xtreme" enough.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I don't think these are good for your health. Energy drinks leave you sapped after boosting your glucose levels for a while for the additional burn.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Nor is it healthy to drink all of the lattes and other junk, but many people do -- with little to no major consequence. Caffeine in small doses is apparently beneficial though (<100 mg per day), as are the anti-oxidants in coffee.

One energy drink per day, barring the ones that have way too much caffeine ("xpresso" may be one of these), is perfectly safe. I probably average 150 mg of caffeine per day, the same as two cups of coffee or 16 oz of energy drink, and I have about the best bill of health anyone could ask for.