3G Call Ended/Dropped/Failed: Arrg!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello all,

So we've all heard about the "dropped calls" that were plaguing the first gen iPhone and early 3Gs. I had some problems that were rectified over time. But now, I've had major problems with my 3G:

Last week, my phone gave the dreaded "call failed" in the middle of a conversation with my wife. She called back, I answered...but heard nothing. This happened three more times. I figured it was just a network issue at the moment.

That night, I found I could not make or receive calls. The call would hand, then fail. I finally ended up restoring the phone and reactivating it through iTunes. This seemed to fix the problem.

However, today I had similar problems with incoming and outgoing calls. It dropped incoming calls before I could answer them (the person didn't hang up...I knew who it was). Then, it gave me the "call failed" message after about 1 minute after connecting an outgoing call.

My research online tells me this is likely a 3G vs Edge problem. I switched off Wi-Fi and 3G, and my next call was fine.

Any advice?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Hello all,

So we've all heard about the "dropped calls" that were plaguing the first gen iPhone and early 3Gs. I had some problems that were rectified over time. But now, I've had major problems with my 3G:

Last week, my phone gave the dreaded "call failed" in the middle of a conversation with my wife. She called back, I answered...but heard nothing. This happened three more times. I figured it was just a network issue at the moment.

That night, I found I could not make or receive calls. The call would hand, then fail. I finally ended up restoring the phone and reactivating it through iTunes. This seemed to fix the problem.

However, today I had similar problems with incoming and outgoing calls. It dropped incoming calls before I could answer them (the person didn't hang up...I knew who it was). Then, it gave me the "call failed" message after about 1 minute after connecting an outgoing call.

My research online tells me this is likely a 3G vs Edge problem. I switched off Wi-Fi and 3G, and my next call was fine.

Any advice?

Guess running your iPhone with jus tEDGE would be fine.