Apple releases Aperture 2.1.4 for improved compatibility

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple this week released an update for Aperture, its post-production software for photographers. Version 2.1.4 is said to address compatibility, improve overall stability, and fix a number of issues. New features and improvements include:

Import: Addresses an issue from Aperture 2.1.3 that prevented the "Do not import duplicates" option in the import window to properly detect and filter out duplicate photos.

MobileMe Support: Addresses an issue that caused JPEG images to be compressed when uploading photos to MobileMe, even when the "Actual Size Images" option was selected.

Books: Addresses an issue that could cause dust jackets to render incorrectly when switching between the softcover and hardcover options with the Stock Book theme.

The 211.98MB download requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger, or Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard or later. It is available for download from Apple's support site or via Software Update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    That's nice. Now can someone please tell us when the Aperture 3 engineers will return from the Phantom Zone?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Just a quick knock on the table from Apple to indicate that there's still some life in the old corpse yet would be nice.

I really like Aperture but it's full of bugs. How about some performance enhancements? I'm mean if I click on a RAW photo it just sits there thunking. Luckily, someone pointed out to me that a quick bounce to preview (P) and back clears what ever is blocking the render pipeline and you get your editable picture before it's time to leave for the day! There's a bug in there somewhere, how about they fix that instead of messing around with MobileMe.

No, I don't want to move to another application, what I'd really like is a simple roadmap of future development. Something from Apple to indicate that investing time learning the application isn't going to be wasted long term.