iPhone 3Gs not compatible with Apple HiFi?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I tried to plug the phone in the Apple Hifi boom box. Got the message that it was not supported and would not even charge?

Is that really true?

I thought all ipods/iphones would work with the Hifi?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xyz001 View Post

I tried to plug the phone in the Apple Hifi boom box. Got the message that it was not supported and would not even charge?

Is that really true?

I thought all ipods/iphones would work with the Hifi?

I guess the HiFi probably uses the Firewire pins for charging, and Apple quit using those pins a couple years ago. People complained about third party docking devices not supporting USB pin charging, I'm not surprised they gave Apple a free pass on their own products. Maybe that means HiFi just didn't sell well, even to Apple fans.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I guess the HiFi probably uses the Firewire pins for charging, and Apple quit using those pins a couple years ago. People complained about third party docking devices not supporting USB pin charging, I'm not surprised they gave Apple a free pass on their own products. Maybe that means HiFi just didn't sell well, even to Apple fans.

you could be right. But my ipod 4G and 5G work and charges fine. Strange. I love the boom box tho!