MAC Mail Sent Items

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm connected to my Exchange Server with MAC Mail now and all seems fine. However, one feature Outlook has that I don't see in MAC Mail (Mail 4.0 on Snow Leopard) is to "store Sent Items" in the folder from where you are replying. This is a great feature as it keeps an entire thread together in a folder (I have server rules that automatically move emails into specific folders as they are received in Exchange 2007). Does anyone know if there is a way to keep a Sent Item in the folder with the original email you are replying to without manually moving it each time from the Sent Items folder?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Have you tried Smart Folders?

Creating Smart Mailboxes

A Smart Mailbox displays related messages or to do items that are stored in other mailboxes, based on criteria you define. For example, you might create a Smart Mailbox that displays all messages found in all mailboxes from a specific sender.

To create a Smart Mailbox:

Choose Mailbox > New Smart Mailbox, or click the Add (+) button at the bottom of the sidebar and then choose New Smart Mailbox

Use the pop-up menus and text fields to define the search criteria for the mailbox. If necessary, click the Add (+) button to add more search criteria.

If you?re creating a Smart Mailbox for messages and you want to include messages from the Trash and Sent mailboxes in your Smart Mailbox, select the checkboxes.

To change the search criteria, choose Mailbox > Edit Smart Mailbox. To copy a Smart Mailbox, choose Mailbox > Duplicate Smart Mailbox. These commands are also available from the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear) at the bottom of the sidebar.