National Fatherhood Initiative banner on AI?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Do you all see it? Isn't that a funny little banner up top on this page? Lions to represent the good father? HAHHAAHAHA. The male lion does almost nothing to raise the cubs. He has even been known, when near starvation, to eat them. The females do nearly everything. Often a pride contains sisters and half-sisters who all bear cubs to the same male lion. I wonder if lions are mormon?

Anyway, I was really bored and I noticed that. Whoever came up with that ad, nice job!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Not everybody knows about lion social structure. Thank you for ruining my wonderful impression formed by that picture.

Anywhoo, what does National Fatherrhood represent BESIDES no deadbeat Dads? They aren't conservative are they?
  • Reply 2 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>Anywhoo, what does National Fatherrhood represent BESIDES no deadbeat Dads? They aren't conservative are they?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Promoting fatherhood must be a conservative agenda. All that "personal responsibility" and other rubbish.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>Not everybody knows about lion social structure. Thank you for ruining my wonderful impression formed by that picture.

Anywhoo, what does National Fatherrhood represent BESIDES no deadbeat Dads? They aren't conservative are they?</strong><hr></blockquote>

And that would matter one way or the other? Why not go check out their website and see what they say about themselves as a starter. From there you might be able to form a somewhat informed opinion. (grumble, sorry if this came of wrong, I am having a very bad day.)
  • Reply 4 of 26
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yes, heaven forbid an organization harbors a - gasp - conservative bent like CARING FOR THE KIDS YOU BROUGHT INTO THE WORLD.

We're on a dangerous, mother****ing downhill slide, people.

What next: getting a job and contributing to society? How repressive and reactionary those right-wingers can be!

It's truly amazing what scares some of you people. You'll waste precious breath bitching and handwringing about the NRA or what some Hollywood twit deems a threat. Meanwhile, tangible, real-world things like freedom and safety and common sense are eroding away beneath our feet.

What do you care if it's "conservative"? If it simply does a good job and makes things better, does having a conservative bent make it any less valid or important?

I'm not going to refuse a ride to the hospital by a bunch of 60's reject leftist radicals in tweed jackets and tenure. But I get the feeling that many of you would lay in the street and bleed to death if the ambulance was being driven by Charlton Heston himself, with Limbaugh riding shotgun.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 26
    *cheer* pscates! *cheer*
  • Reply 6 of 26
    We don't pick our ads...
  • Reply 7 of 26
    I like the wildlife one you used to have.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    *sigh* didn't mean to insult anyone.

I DO work for a living.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    No worries, cdhostage, you just must be careful of those with the White Man's Syndrome. Constantly oppressed, don'tcha know?
  • Reply 10 of 26
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>I'm not going to refuse a ride to the hospital by a bunch of 60's reject leftist radicals in tweed jackets and tenure.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That just created some wonderful images in my head. Go pscates go!

Personally I just thought it funny they chose a male with almost no feduciary responsibility as a symbol for good fathers. But then again, I was really bored when I posted.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Matsu ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 26
    Maybe they'll replace the lions with Rodney King? Here's hoping...

• Reply 12 of 26
    Just for the record, I know more WHITE low-class, lazy, irresponsible, low-rent, thuggish idiots than black ones...so be careful about throwing around the whole "white man's syndrome", trying to paint those of us who demand responsibility and common sense as just "this side" of the KKK or "pissed off talk radio wingnuts"...cause I'm neither.

I am, however, an equal opportunity ballbuster.

A lazy, shiftless, low-rent asshole is a lazy, shiftless low-rent asshole...black, white or otherwise.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    AMEN!
  • Reply 14 of 26
    There is a disturbing amount of hate in this thread...
  • Reply 15 of 26
    I swear, pscates, I think you're more militant than I am.

• Reply 16 of 26
    Piss off! I hate you.

I'm KIDDING!!!

But describe what you view as "hate" in this thread. Are you sure it's not just anger and impatience? Or exasperation? Or righteous indignation?

That word has been given center stage and colored a bit over the past several years. There's a couple of approaches, some worse than others.

"I hate niggers" or bashing someone's head in with a brick because they're gay is not the same as someone (me, for example) "hating" someone's behavior (having five children with five different women and being a father to none of them, for example) or jackassed personality or whatever.

I DO hate it when people are irresponsible and lazy. I hate it when people conduct themselves as though they're on the Jerry Springer show 24/7. I hate it that I can't go into certain parts of town without having my ass kicked or tires slashed.

See?

HOWEVER (and here's the big, important difference), I'm not going to go out and make a nuisance of myself or infringe on the rights of others to act like assholes. In other words, I'm not about to climb a bell tower and start shooting or otherwise acting a fool.

I was raised properly and know right from wrong and good from evil. I also know that some individuals are probably a lost cause and it's not my place to do or say anything.

I haven't deluded myself, however, into thinking that we're all soulful creatures, devoid of evil and idiotic behavior.

And sometimes I have to comment on it.

Doesn't make me a bad guy, or a "hater".

Basically, it makes me a guy who's fed up with everyone acting like nihilistic, irresponsible assholes.

But I can only control and lead my life and I can't worry about everyone else and what they think and do, can I?

Truth be known, I'm the nicest, most down-to-earth guy you could ever hope to meet.

Just don't F U C K with me and everything will be more than alright.

Simple, isn't it? Now why can't everyone do that?

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 26
    *gives pscates a big 'ole hug*
  • Reply 18 of 26

Hahahaha...

I'm a total teddy bear...blessed with an abundance of clear-eyed common sense and a ridiculously low tolerance for bullshit and nonsense. Unless, of course, I'm the one actually slinging the bullshit and perpertrating the nonsense.

Then I'm a big barrel of monkeys.

Threads like this always get me in trouble...
  • Reply 19 of 26
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by pscates:

[QB]Yes, heaven forbid an organization harbors a - gasp - conservative bent like CARING FOR THE KIDS YOU BROUGHT INTO THE WORLD.

We're on a dangerous, mother****ing downhill slide, people.

What next: getting a job and contributing to society? How repressive and reactionary those right-wingers can be!

It's truly amazing what scares some of you people. You'll waste precious breath bitching and handwringing about the NRA or what some Hollywood twit deems a threat. Meanwhile, tangible, real-world things like freedom and safety and common sense are eroding away beneath our feet.

--------------------------------------------------------------

That is why we need a missile defense shield! You act as if the liberal agenda is all messed up but look at your plate! Maybe we could get a missile defense that could shoot down missiles and airplanes!

And I like it how liberals are always seen as anti-getting a job or working hard. Ya that's it, just because I think that welfare is a good cause I am anti-working hard. It is easy for conservatives to talk about getting a job when so many of them are born into upper and upper-middle class to begin with.

I shall end with a joke at the expense of Republicans " You might be a Republican if....... You've ever tried to prove Jesus was a capitalist and opposed to

welfare."

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: solo ]</p>
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Yeah, whatever. I made it all up then. That doesn't happen at all. You're right, I'm wrong. The world is too complex for me to grasp.

Sorry.

Show me where I said ANY of the things you're pinning on me. You can't.

You DON'T think some people sweat the small stuff - right OR left - while bigger, more important and more meaningful issues and concerns slide right past them?

Give me some of what you're drinking, pal.