Macbook Pro wont charge or start up?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi

My Macbok Pro recently died when the battery went down completely. Now it wont even charge and the LED on the MagSafe adapter wont light. How can I wake it up again?

/vilhelm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vilhelm_I View Post

Hi

My Macbok Pro recently died when the battery went down completely. Now it wont even charge and the LED on the MagSafe adapter wont light. How can I wake it up again?

/vilhelm

Given that the LED won't light on the adapter, best guess is that your adapter is toast. If you know anyone else that has a MacBook Pro (15-inch or larger), see if you can borrow their 85W adapter to test it.

However, DON'T use the 60W MagSafe from a MacBook or 13-inch MacBook Pro. It can damage both your computer and the adapter.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:

Hi

/vilhelm

CPR:

http://depts.washington.edu/learncpr/
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

Given that the LED won't light on the adapter, best guess is that your adapter is toast. If you know anyone else that has a MacBook Pro (15-inch or larger), see if you can borrow their 85W adapter to test it.

However, DON'T use the 60W MagSafe from a MacBook or 13-inch MacBook Pro. It can damage both your computer and the adapter.

Yeah, I have done that, with the same result. Calling Apple tomorrow
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

CPR:

http://depts.washington.edu/learncpr/

God. Grow up please.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Hi

/vilhelm

Your adapter may have broken down or fused. Try switching the battery too. Let us know the outcome ASAP! Good luck!