Can't Boot from External System

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a G5, 1.8Ghz computer with OS 10.5.8 installed. Some problems developed and I tried to run Disk Warrior. The disk shows up on the desktop. but won't start when I select either the "C" key or use the option key. The same thing happens when I use an external drive that has the startup drive cloned several months ago. When I use the Option key only the original startup volume appears. When I use the "C" for Disk Warrior the the system folder appears and switches with a Question mark. Again when I try to boot from the OS 10.5 install disk, I have the flashing folder when I hold the "C" down. The same problem I had with Disk Warrior. Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Go to the Disk Warrior web site. There are some issues with the retail disks, different machines and system upgrades. After one upgrade I had to create a special boot disk to use Disk Warrior as my boot disk. The web site has all the background and tools to create this disk.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I upgraded to the latest version of Disk Warrior. No Difference. The problem is the computer won't even boot off the OS 10.5 install disk. In all cases, you can see the disk in the startup preferences but using either the "C" key or the option key, none of the above disks appear.