hide login items

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone have an idea why my login items under my user name still open up when my mac boots up?

I am running 10.6

Under my user name I dragged over 4 folders "from a network drive" so that they would mount upon the computer booting up. I checked the "hide" box next to the folders but they still open up on the desktop when the computer boots up.

Any idea how I can just have them mount and that is it when the computer boots up. I don't require going into these folders I just need them mounted for stuff. For example one of the 4 folders is time machine and this is where the sparse image exist. This way when my mac needs to run time machine it does not give me an error that the drive does not exist because it is already mounted.

thanks..

DD

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    They're not hiding because folders are a part of Finder, and unless you have another app open at the time (which you likely don't), Finder is the only "application" running and can't be hidden. Unfortunately, there's no way to get around this, besides possibly having another app open at startup and NOT hide.

But, that sounds worse than the issue it's fixing. And, it wouldn't even work if the folders mount before the other application is loaded and ready.