My kinda website!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

<a href="http://www.crazyapplerumor.blogspot.com/"; target="_blank">http://www.crazyapplerumor.blogspot.com/</a>;

It's like combining The Onion with MOSR...a total hoot. My two favorite things: Macs and satire, in one place.

I'd like to work at a place like that. Skewer/worship my computer of choice.

My favorite story:

January MacWorld to be Lamest Apple Trade Show Ever; iPod to get Screen Saver.

In a bitter blow to Mac users everywhere, CARS has learned that Apple again has no major product announcements planned for the next trade show, January's MacWorld San Francisco. Highly reliable sources have passed CARS an outline of a keynote in Steve Jobs' handwriting that details the following highlights:

*\tIntroduction - 1 minute

*\tTout iPod - 10 minutes

*\tTout Mac OS X 10.1 - 10 minutes

*\tIntroduce guy from Lucas Arts for demo of new "Jar-Jar Binks Teaches Spelling" port - 15 minutes

*\tIntroduce Phil Shiller for crappy PhotoShop bake-off - 15 minutes (margin note: Frickin' Adobe...)

*\tDemonstrate new iTool: iHotOrNot? - 10 minutes

*\tBeat stage hand to death after inevitable system crash - 2 minutes

*\tReveal new kind of iBooks: pre-scratched - 15 minutes

*\tJuggle - 5 minutes

*\tSum up - 5 minutes

*\tOne more thing: Free iPod screen saver firmware update ($20 shipping and handling from Apple Store)

This disappointing turn of events marks the continuation of a trend by Apple toward de-emphasizing major trade shows, instead making product announcements as the products become available. Long-time trade show attendees complain, however, that this will only lead to a sharp drop-off in attendance. As usual, Apple refused comment when phoned and, in fact, became quite snippy. "Where did you get this outline?" "Who is this?" "What do you mean what am I wearing?" "We're calling the police." and so on.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kaboomkaboom Posts: 286member
    Yeah, I agree. and I would like to thank MacAgent for pointing this website out. Thanx MA!

I just hope it can keep being funny. It's not like they don't have enough material.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yes, definitely plenty of fuel for the fire in the world of tech.

Even approaching it from an Apple-centric standpoint, you're going to get a lot of people digging it.

I'm always saying stuff like that (or goofing on Apple, Mac users - me too - and various scenarios that are just BEGGING to be skewered/played with.

Actually (and this is me being completely lazy about it), but I've got about 17 little two-sentence "outlines" for a 1-2 panel Apple-centric cartoon/comic that's better than anything I've seen out there: Tech Zone, Mac Funnies, etc.

I just need to get off my ass and draw them while they're still relevant!

In any case, I hope this website updates and adds frequently because, for whatever reason, it truly tickled my funnybone, much how The Onion does.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaboom View Post

Yeah, I agree. and I would like to thank MacAgent for pointing this website out. Thanx MA!

I just hope it can keep being funny. It's not like they don't have enough material.

haha that website is surely funny...haha..nice one.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaboom View Post

haha that website is surely funny...haha..nice one.