Spider Man full trailer out NOW!!!

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
go to <a href="http://www.apple.com/trailers/"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/trailers/</a>;

just watched it... this movie is gonna be so friggin' cool!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    When did Kirsten Dunst get so cute? Must be the red hair.

• Reply 2 of 17
    sweet, the bad guy is the inspecter from Boondock Saints. cool.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    They need a more mature sounding lead. His voice is pretty wimpy. I know he's actin to be a 17-year-old, but come on, I'm 17 and NOT a superhero and I'm a friggin bass II!
  • Reply 4 of 17
    It seems that Sam Raimi (sp?) is sticking true to the old quirkyness Steve Ditko gave to the original Spider-Man and blending it with this modern genre of the superhero movie. Spidey's costume and the Green Goblin's are still irking me though (GG's is armor?)...still, I can't wait!
  • Reply 5 of 17
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    I'm downloading the high res version over my 56K modem right now.

I love all of the wonderful new trailers we're getting courtesy of Apple! Such beautiful quality. I've got more than 50 of them sitting on my hard drive right now.

What do you all think of the new Minority Report teaser?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Does anyone know where the quicktime file is saved on your harddrive in X?

I found a quicktime movie file after I downloaded the trailer, it was in my library/preferences/explorer

However, it was only a 4k file. Surely the full sized file has to be somewhere? The trailer isn't streaming afterall.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    One word: Kick ass! /Cartman voice (ok maybe two)
  • Reply 8 of 17
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    dude. i could watch kirsten dunst walk and smile in red hair all day long....

drooooooool.......
  • Reply 9 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I saw it yesterday night. A few comments. It looks a little short on substance and high on acrobatics. Oh well. Tobey Maguire's acting in the trailer is second rate. James Franco is cool...and they're obviously setting him up for a sequel, though after seeing the current Green Goblin in movie form, I don't know if that's a good idea. Kirsten Dunst wet shirt action...um...I'll take that.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i don't understand what's wrong with the green goblin armor look... i mean, i always thought the actual green goblin was way hokey, and i think the current green goblin they've got offers a credible threat, while still not seeming utterly out of place. but, then again, had they been able to do something with GG like they did with jack nicholson and the joker from batman (i.e. it wasn't joker "armor"), then that would have been especially interesting. maybe that's what you mean? if so, i concur -- jack's joker is still one of my all-time favorite villains. :cool:

i also agree about kirsten in the rain. i didn't want to seem too, um, "male", but daaaaaaaamn...

p.s. regarding substance...

being a log-time follower of comic-book related movies, i have set my standards lower for these movies, not because i don't think the medium doesn't deserve better (read scott mccloud's "understanding comics" or reinventing comics for some incredible insight on comics as a communications medium more unique than any other), but because the super-hero genre of comics are generally based on short episodic events, yet with the budgets of these movies, the studios can't hope to make dozens of spider-man movies for all those episodes to build appropriately, with cliffhangers and the like. so you get a "compressed" timeline in two hours which took, oh, 5 decades to build... not an easy task.

plus, remember, this is a "teaser" - meant to generate interest in the casual passer by AND the hardcore readers who want to see the tell-tale signs they expect from spidey's origin: the spider bite, peter as a geek high school photographer, uncle ben's fateful words, a cute aunt may soundbit here and there.

like a friend of mine said after watching he trailer, "wow, it looks like it won't suck." considering the hype, that's an enormous compliment.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: rok ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 17
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>When did Kirsten Dunst get so cute? Must be the red hair.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

She was always a babe.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    That World Trade Center spiderweb effect in the first teaser trailer was supremely excellent. I was totally fooled until the camera zoomed out.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Kirsten Dunst is nice, but she has the 30-year old homemaker look...and she's not even 20...heh.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    I just went to the Internet Movie Database to check the cast in detail...no casting for Gwen Stacy...weird. She's the girlfriend that the Green Goblin killed back in the seventies in the comic book...then Mary Jane Watson came into the storyline. Sooo, I guess Green Goblin's gonna have to do something really bad...

Bruce Cambell has a bit part as a ring announcer (cool, they're going to have the wrestling match!).

There also is "The Burgler"...the one who kills Uncle Ben (Cliff Robertson!) and sends Petey to a life of crimestopping.

Seems they really are sticking to the original origin story. As far as the Green Goblin...he debuted early in the comic so that'll work out (won't say no more...). Guess plot wise the writers decided to "kill off" Gwen Stacy early on in the writing stages. Too complicated I guess.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Kirsten Dunst is nice, but she has the 30-year old homemaker look...and she's not even 20...heh.</strong><hr></blockquote>

They must have some UGLY 30 year olds in Berkeley. I know 30 year olds that have bodies 16 year olds dream about son
  • Reply 16 of 17
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Whee! That looks like fun. If it keeps moving and doesn't take itself too seriously it'll be a good film. The special effects look clean and convincing.

I think Spidey's voice is perfect. He was supposed to be a wisecracking schmuck, not some square-jawed Voice of Authority. If he warbles an Elvis Costello song while swinging around I'll be a happy camper.

And Kirsten Dunst is awfully cute. As usual. Especially wet.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Am I the only one who htinks that this looks like crap? I mean ya, some of the scenes are cool and all (Dunst in a tank top in the rain :eek: ) but over all it looks... like a hollywood popcorn movie.