Steve Jobs returns to stage at Apple keynote

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple's co-founder made a triumphant return to the spotlight Wednesday, as the man who is arguably technology's ultimate showman took the stage at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.

Jobs earned a standing ovation as he took the stage at the Sept. 9 event, his first official public appearance in nearly a year. The Apple executive returned to work full-time in June after he received a liver transplant.

At Wednesday's event, the Apple co-founder acknowledged his road to recovery and was gracious for the liver he received in the event of someone else's tragic misfortune.

"I'm very happy to be here today with you all," Jobs said. "As some of you know, about five months ago I had a liver transplant. I now have the liver of a mid-20s person who died in a car crash and was generous enough to donate their organs."

"I am alive because of their generosity," he added. "I hope we can all be that generous. I'd like to thank everyone in the Apple community for their concern. It means a lot. I'd like to thank Tim Cook, and everyone at Apple who rose to the occasion. Thank you guys."

"So, I'm vertical, I'm back at Apple and loving every minute of it, and working with some talented teams to come up with some great products for the future," he continued. "It's wonderful."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 35
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Woooooh!
  • Reply 2 of 35
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Great to have SJ back!
  • Reply 3 of 35
    Man, I am really surprised at this. Great to see him back!
  • Reply 4 of 35
    Welcome back Steve! Glad to see you're doing well enough to present.

Here's to many more years at Apple!
  • Reply 5 of 35
    Why wasn't anyone able to capture some decent pictures of Jobs on stage?
  • Reply 6 of 35
    Stevenote FTW!!!

Everyone hail SJ!!
  • Reply 7 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Try scrolling down here:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/09/l...nd-roll-event/
  • Reply 8 of 35
    hutchohutcho Posts: 132member
    He's back and looks really, really ill.

Honestly, if you're going to come on stage at least wear a shirt that fits, and maybe put one or two (or 10) shirts underneath that to stop you looking like death.
  • Reply 9 of 35
    Quote:

You can check this out: http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...ipod-event.ars

Has got decent pics of Steve...
  • Reply 10 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post

Honestly, if you're going to come on stage at least wear a shirt that fits, and maybe put one or two (or 10) shirts underneath that to stop you looking like death.

I think he actually looks pretty good considering what he's been through. He's actually pretty happy just to be alive.

Wouldn't you be?

Being on stage today must have really thrilled him.

Bravo, Steve!
  • Reply 11 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I think he actually looks pretty good considering what he's been through. He's actually pretty happy just to be alive.

Wouldn't you be?

Being on stage today must have really thrilled him.

Bravo, Steve!

Ditto. Long live the king!
  • Reply 12 of 35
    Quote:

That's a dickhead comment. You have no concept about what it's all about do you? I applaud the fact that he chose not to do exactly what you suggested, it's called honesty. The guy has been at death's door and is now living every minute. This has nothing to do with Apple, just a human thing and you post some stupid BS like that? Tactless.
  • Reply 13 of 35
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:

Idiot...
  • Reply 14 of 35
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Very welcome surprise Suggests a confidence going forward.
  • Reply 15 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Try scrolling down here:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/09/l...nd-roll-event/

I guess he looks better, but still pretty thin.

• Reply 16 of 35
    cu10cu10 Posts: 294member
    Quote:

I guess he looks better, but still pretty thin.

As thin as his iPod Nano's..

He practices what he preaches!
  • Reply 17 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CU10 View Post

As thin as his iPod Nano's..

He practices what he preaches!

Sorry, I don't see any humor in his state of health. It's not a joking matter for anyone.
  • Reply 18 of 35
    cu10cu10 Posts: 294member
    Quote:

Sorry, I don't see any humor in his state of health. It's not a joking matter for anyone.

I love Steve too (not in "that way" if you know what I mean, and not that there's anything wrong with that either, but I'm not just in that camp, I was not born "that way," I like everyone and think that each person has a contribution to make to society, regardless of their "preference," it's just that people have their differences, and we have to tolerate how we are different and focus on how we are the same, we all evolved out of the same proteins since early life began some 4 billion years ago, and there may even be extra-terrestrial beings out there, who knows, the Mars rover teams are hard at work at checking out the possibility if there was life in the red planet, and my job is just to respect other people because I understand that mutual respect is what makes the world go around, that, and the lack of poverty, poverty being a problem even in developed countries)

But you're right, it's not a joking matter, he looks healthy to me, just thin.
  • Reply 19 of 35
    He still looks sickly thin and frail.
  • Reply 20 of 35
    freenyfreeny Posts: 128member
    The man is certainly ill.