Ipod Touch: Buying Advice (Please Help)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have never owned an ipod touch before (In fact, I have never owned any ipod before).

But When I saw ipod touch 2G, I decided to buy one. My primary interest is to use it as an organizer/PDA, ofcourse the whole multimedia/movie/music/games stuff is also very exciting.

This was about a month ago. So then I came to know that there are rumors (I wish I had not read those and straight away bought a 2G IPT) that apple is going to bring in a camera and lower the prices and etc etc etc.. So I thought I should wait.

But now I am also amongts all those who are really disappointed with the apples recent event. No Camera. Ok apple has its own reasons for that, but atleast they should have offered a few more colors or get rid of that aluminum scratcy back. I wonder why they had to arrange all this "Its only rock and roll thing" ? I mean 8GB version is almost the same as the 2G (The only noticable change is iphone OS 3.1).

So camera or no camera, I think I should buy one. But what should I do about the camera rumors. Here are my options, please help me select.

1- I buy a 32GB IPT 3G, better performance, better storage, but a little pricy for me. I was expecting a 16GB model for $199/250 (Rumors, Rumors.......).

2- I should buy 8GB IPT 3G, and wait till next year so I can change it with a camera version. Same old harware, less storage, cheaper than 32gig but still its enough for an 8gig. Meanwhile I can wait for the 4G

Also I want to ask another question, Is it certain that apple will now take a year to refresh the ipod touch line, I mean I have read some of the posts on the Apple insider forum that they may introduce a camera after the christmas with the so called ipad or itablet (rumors again)

Please advice what should I buy, caz I am fed up waiting. I just wana have an IPT soon.