This is why I love Savannah. (large image inside)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
from the city of savannah parking services web site:

My initial reaction was to pay it and assume they'd figure it out...but something tells me they wouldn't.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: poor taylor ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    you've got to love that NEW math
  • Reply 2 of 9
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    It's that 'fuzzy' kind, isn't it?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Can't you just use the "remove" button?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>Can't you just use the "remove" button?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Funny you should mention that. I tried removing the first 0.00 balance, and I got an error. When I removed the actual ticket, I was left with 0.00 balance, a $0.75 service charge, and a total amount of $70.75. Apparently it's adding $70 onto everything it processes. It's a marvel of southern engineering.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    the $70 is court costs, I'd imagine. Like most places, the citation is small. The LARGE fee is the judge's graft
  • Reply 6 of 9
    AHHHH, yes, the fine folks of the City of Savannah's Parking Services... My heart goes out to those proud souls, driving about town in their little electric cushmans, handing out tickets to all those who dare to even think about trying to get five minutes of free parking, risking life and limb so they can yell "I'm just doing my job!" as you threaten them with death and dismemberment.

They stake out SCAD buildins, waiting to pounce on us unsuspecting art kids. Ever notice how all the meters around SCAD buildings are good for two hours, but our classes are two and a half long? A friend of mine managed to get eight parking tickets in one day her freshman year, and then decided to leave her car parked at the dorms and started walking and taking the bus.

My boss always parks his car on the side walk infront of the restaurant, which while naughty and illegal, he never leaves it there for more than five minutes, and some how they always manage to be right there waiting for him. He gets out of his jeep, runs in the store, runs out, and bingo, a new ticket. Our delivery drivers used to park there for convenience, but stopped once two of them got booted.

I personally don't own a car, but I have noticed the proliferation of meter maids in this town. There are probably more meter maids on patrol at any given time than police officers, and while Savannah certainly has a parking problem, we have a much more serious violent crime problem. I seriously think they need to turn a couple more squares into parking garages like they did on barnard street.

anywho.. I have to buy a car soon, and I want to get a snappy bumper sticker that says something nasty about meter maids, any suggestions?

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 7 of 9
    well i called to pay over the phone. paraphrasing:

me: i'd like to pay a ticket with my credit card.

her: ok, you have a balance of $99.20.

me: um...how many tickets do i have?

her: one

me: for $28?

her: right

me: so wheres the other $71.20 coming from?

her; hold on

(5 minutes pass)

her: there is a $1.20 administration fee

me: ok

her: so your total is $99.20, what kind of credit card will you be using

me: can you explain how $28 plus $1.20 equals $99.20?

her: please hold

(5 minutes)

her: our credit card machine is down, call back tomorrow

[click]
  • Reply 8 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Customer service when its best.

Instructor: "There is the phone, there is the computer. Push those buttons and you can see what the offender have to pay. Just tell him the amounts and recieve his credit car number. Any questions?"

Customer service empl. "Ehh. is that all there is to it?"

I: "Yes. An remember: Savanna parking services delivers the best customer service in the world"

I have worked for two different cell phone companies. In the first one (the former tele-monopol in Denmark) I had two month of training before I talked to customers. I could handle every problem because I knew the system. Never where there anyone waiting for help because we handled all problems at once (no returning with same problem).

The second one I had two days of training and a lesson in how bad the customer service were in the old monopol (where i came from). Of course only a fraction of problems were solved because noone knew how to do it. The customers kept calling because of this and had to wait up to one hour for non-help.

Stupid companies who think that just beacuse you say your the best you become the best
  • Reply 9 of 9
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    [quote]Originally posted by poor taylor:

<strong>well i called to pay over the phone. paraphrasing:

me: i'd like to pay a ticket with my credit card.

her: ok, you have a balance of $99.20.

me: um...how many tickets do i have?

her: one

me: for $28?

her: right

me: so wheres the other $71.20 coming from?

her; hold on

(5 minutes pass)

her: there is a $1.20 administration fee

me: ok

her: so your total is $99.20, what kind of credit card will you be using

me: can you explain how $28 plus $1.20 equals $99.20?

her: please hold

(5 minutes)

her: our credit card machine is down, call back tomorrow

[click]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I may not agree with your politics, but that's funny! Maybe the water supply has been tainted by the Savannah RIver Plant? I hear there's lots of three eyed fish in there and such. Driven by it a few times in my life...no spare limbs popping out yet though.