iTunes 9.0.1 - so much for progress!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've just downloaded the latest iTunes upgrade. The window maximise button has now been restored back to toggling between the main window and the mini player. There was me thinking it had been changed on purpose to bring the app inline with the rest of the GUI

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes zoom-to-window -bool YES
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorya View Post

defaults write com.apple.iTunes zoom-to-window -bool YES

Just in case people don't understand what that means, launch Terminal (found in the Utilities folder) copy and paste into Terminal what Amorya said and press return. Relaunch iTunes and it will be back to the behaviour of 9.0.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Awesome, thanks!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mint View Post

I've just downloaded the latest iTunes upgrade. The window maximise button has now been restored back to toggling between the main window and the mini player. There was me thinking it had been changed on purpose to bring the app inline with the rest of the GUI

I was thinking something along these lines. Well I thought it was done on purpose. The reason I think we thought it wasn't accidental is the change in function was huge. If I remember correctly my first reaction was negative, then: "Oh... okay."

In all seriousness though, I don't see why you'd want it to be like the rest of the OS, as switching to mini-player is more useful. Although Spaces takes precedence these days.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Judging by all the complaints I've read across the interweb regarding this particular change it's unsurprising that Apple reverted to the old behaviour. It doesn't matter anyway, since the iTunes UI is as non-standard as it gets for a first party application even with a more standardized green button behaviour.