Keyboard shortcuts problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So somehow, all my keyboard shortcuts got switched around. My volume button is now my brightness one and so on and so forth. How do i get it back to the original settings? Another problem i have is that for some reason the computer talks everytime I do something, like when i type it states the letters, when i open a program it states with program i opened. My last problem (good lord..) is that theres a black square around all my windows. Msn convos, safari and even this text box that im typing in.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Cheers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    It sounds like your Accessibility settings got turned on or something. Look at your System Preferences and see if you have them enabled.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post

Another problem i have is that for some reason the computer talks everytime I do something, like when i type it states the letters, when i open a program it states with program i opened. My last problem (good lord..) is that theres a black square around all my windows. Msn convos, safari and even this text box that im typing in.

Universal Access preference pane

Select OFF for VoiceOver (or just hit Command-F5)

That will take care of both of those issues.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post

So somehow, all my keyboard shortcuts got switched around. My volume button is now my brightness one and so on and so forth. How do i get it back to the original settings?

Keyboard & Mouse preference pane

Keyboard Shortcuts

Restore Defaults

Now you're good.