Program to store recipes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi,

I've search the web for a recipe manager - found nothing but Yum! and Souschef and some other more or less good looking shareware.

No Freeware available? Any guesses?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Numbers or Excel.

Serious programs for serious applications.

Because you get what you pay for.

If you had PM enabled I could have helped you out with SousChef.

You could find a Freeware Windows app and run it under Crossover (without Windows) on your Mac (assuming you have one).

The legendary HyperCard would be the perfect solution.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    regreg Posts: 832member
    I've used Measuring Cup It is okay for freeware. Mac Gourmet2 is better but is not freeware. I like the iPhone app that sync with it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    skyboltskybolt Posts: 111member
    I use YUM! and like it a lot. One of the main things I like about it is that I can copy and paste into it. Let's say I get an email with a recipe, or I see one in an online newspaper, I can copy the ingredients into it, and then copy the directions into it (2 steps, I know, but better than re-typing everything). It also has an iPhone/iPod app, so when someone likes something I made, I can give them the recipe. Worth the few bucks I paid for it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I love MacGourmet. And their iPhone version is great for when I'm at the grocery store and need to know what ingredients to buy. All my recipes are there in my iPhone and I can look up what I need.