No Artwork tab in iTunes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Rebuilt my home computer with Windows 7 and I need to get artwork into a bunch of new tunes. The ones whose artwork is missing do not have an Artwork tab in 'info'. If I convert to AAC I still get no tab and it asks me if I want to edit multipl items.

Are the tags messed up? Do I need to correct the tags to get the artwork tab? What software to use, prefer automatic type.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by araczek View Post

Rebuilt my home computer with Windows 7 and I need to get artwork into a bunch of new tunes. The ones whose artwork is missing do not have an Artwork tab in 'info'. If I convert to AAC I still get no tab and it asks me if I want to edit multipl items.

Are the tags messed up? Do I need to correct the tags to get the artwork tab? What software to use, prefer automatic type.

If you select just one track and "get info", there should be an artwork tab. However, when selecting multiple items and doing a "get info", there won't be a tab dedicated to artwork; instead, there'll be an artwork "box" near the bottom-right of the "info" tab.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    csopkocsopko Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by araczek View Post

I had the same problem when I loaded a bunch of movies that I burned on a portable hard drive from one computer to another. All of the new movies I added when loaded into itunes did not have an artwork tab available while my earlier movies did. I figured out that the problem was that all of the new, copied movies had been set to read only. I simply went to the folder on my computer where all of the new movies were stored and set the permissions for "everyone" to allow everything. It fixed it immediately! I hope this helps!