New MacBook Unibody vs "old" MBP 13"

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I hope this is the right forum for this:

I just ordered a MBP 13" (Core 2 Duo 2,53 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HD) shortly before they anounced the new MB, which seem to have almost identical Hardware for about 300 ? less. So I wanted to ask wether the few differences (aluminium body, SD card reader and a backlit keyboard) are actually worth the price and if the MBP's build quality is better than the MB's. Because I'm considering returning the MBP and ordering the MB.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hans Peter View Post

I hope this is the right forum for this:

I just ordered a MBP 13" (Core 2 Duo 2,53 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HD) shortly before they anounced the new MB, which seem to have almost identical Hardware for about 300 ? less. So I wanted to ask wether the few differences (aluminium body, SD card reader and a backlit keyboard) are actually worth the price and if the MBP's build quality is better than the MB's. Because I'm considering returning the MBP and ordering the MB.

Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same situation, and looking for some advise too...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Yeah, its worth it. SD card and firewire (with the TDM benefits that come with it)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    SD, Firewire, Aluminum enclosure, and expandable to 8 gigs of Ram, is worth well more than the $300 difference.