Anyone have the new wireless keyboard?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does it feel or function any differently then the older model? Do the keys feel any different? Is there any more/less when the keyboard has to power on after a period of inactivity?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    AFAIK, the new revision uses only 2 AA batteries instead of 3. Apple also moved the 'bluetooth antenna' to the middle.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

AFAIK, the new revision uses only 2 AA batteries instead of 3. Apple also moved the 'bluetooth antenna' to the middle.

Hi, Kenneth. I was aware of the move to 2 AA batteries. The internal change that makes this possible is a more efficient power management, which supposedly powers the keyboard when you hit a key. What I'm wondering is if that changes creates any additional lag detectable when using the keyboard compared to the older model, or if the keyboard *feels* any different in any other way.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Do the keys have a glossy surface? I've got the first alu-iMac and just upgraded to the magic mouse. There's a design clash with my matt white keys on the keyboard and the glossy white of the mouse. Any change to the keyboard? I'd certainly welcome the white keys not getting dirty so quick.