Oops. I installed Leopard and now I can't...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
use any old software for my kids (OS 9). I have Tiger install disks with the big X's on them. I thought maybe OS 9 classic came on them so I tried reinstalling it. It didn't le me go any further than selecting the destination disk-- Options (I was going to archive and install) didn't work nor continue or anything. I had to shut it down. I cleaned the disk but the same thing happened.

I'm wondering if it's not letting me go and put an older version of an OS on it.

I'm wondering if Tiger even has the OS 9 Classic.

I'm wondering what I should do to get OS 9 back so my kid can play his old games.

(I have a few other MACS so I should have just let his stay the way it was. It was running so slowly and stuff so I just got fed up and did a whole erase and install. It runs fast all right but now I have this issue!)

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Comments

• Reply 2 of 2
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    SheepShaver sounds interesting, but the article makes it seem like a whole lot of dinking around to get OS9 to work. I have a whole box of old CDs and Manuals (remember those?) that I can't use. I resisted the move to the Intel processor for a long time. I feel your pain. Remember, the kid will grow up, and never touch those games again. Get him some new games that are more advanced, age-appropriate, up-to-date, in vogue. He'll forget all about the old ones.