2009 13" MacBook Pro anti-glare screen covers

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just picked up a 13" MBP for my wife with everything except the anti-glare, really wish it was an option. Has anyone used any matte or anti-glare screen protectors that they are happy with? My wife is a photographer and will be using this outdoors for work, so it's a must.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sprale View Post

I just picked up a 13" MBP for my wife with everything except the anti-glare, really wish it was an option. Has anyone used any matte or anti-glare screen protectors that they are happy with? My wife is a photographer and will be using this outdoors for work, so it's a must.

I'd personally get the cheapest 15" anti-glare MBP. The filters vary in quality, they don't look all that great and can be a pain to stick on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-JcyOKAsNY

It's a pity Apple don't offer the option for the 13" MBP because it's much easier to carry around.

The coatings you get basically go over the glass so you get glossy panel then glass then coating. The anti-glare models don't have the glass and the panel itself is treated so much more effective at reducing glare.