Macking the switch

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi Im new to the forum because I am gonna make the switch to mac. I mainly use After effects and Premier. Iam tired of Microsoft and I know Apple is more expensive but I am willing to pay the price for stability. So I want to get a new mac but I dont want to break the bank. The new iMac's looks good but for video editing which one is best. I would like to get a mac pro but it is kinda out of my price range since I could build a PC for a lot cheaper, the OS is what I am after and I dont want to haggle with a hackintosh or something from Psystar. So what do you advise me to get I want to run FC Pro and AE will the iMac i7 do the job or do I have to get a Mac Pro?

Help me make the switch, thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Can't go wrong with the iMac, DOG. Stack it with RAM and you'll fly away.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    iMac is fine
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I have a mid2009 2.93ghz imac that I use to edit video, and it works great.

Just stick a lot of ram in (as previously said) and it will fly.

Totally worth the extra cash, as the display is incredible, and the mac os is very intuitive, it was my first mac as I made the switch 6 months ago.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for the tips, I am gonna go to the mac store tomorrow to check them out. Does anyone know if the 27" core i7 version is the 860 or 870 flavor of the CPU.

The LED display is awesome looking, I just hope if they have the i7 at the store they have FCP on it so I can put it through some tests.