We coulda had Osama dead already!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Not sure if this is true. I've had one informed person tell me that it is but who knows?

Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet:

[quote]IT WAS 1987 !

At a lecture the other day they played an old video of Lt. Col.

Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the

Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third

degree. But what he said was stunning!!

He was being drilled by some senator; "Did you not recently

spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?" Ollie

replied, "Yes I did sir." The senator continued,trying to get a

laugh out of the audience, "Isn't this just a little excessive?"'

No sir,' continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked. "Because the lives of my

family and I were threatened sir."

'Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned. 'By a terrorist, sir.'

Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden sir." Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't

pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A

couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator

continued. "Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of,"

Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well sir, if it were up to me, I would recommend that an

assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the

face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach and that was all that

was shown of the clip.

The Senator was Al Gore.<hr></blockquote>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    This seems too convenient. It should be on record somewhere and may be on line. Although some of the older records aren't.

Show me the Congressional Record with this dialog in it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It's false.

bin Laden was barely heard of and certainly wasn't considered a terrorist in 1987, North mentioned Abu Nidal, not bin Laden, and Gore wasn't even on that committee.

He was questioned about that security system at his house, but it wasn't by a Senator, it was by the Senate's legal counsel.

edit:

<a href="http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/north.htm"; target="_blank">Here's the link about it.</a>

There have been a huge number of these types of urban legends about 9/11. <a href="http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/rumors.htm"; target="_blank">Here's a page with some of them.</a> Good reading.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: BRussell ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>This seems too convenient. It should be on record somewhere and may be on line. Although some of the older records aren't.

Show me the Congressional Record with this dialog in it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually this could be true. I remember the Iran Contra crap and also this security system he put in place. As far as the reference to OBL...not sure either. Ollie was a man in his position (NSC) that was actually airbrushed out of White House photos and did have A LOT of covert information...too bad he shredded them all.

<a href="http://www.northamerican.com/-welcome/pg-wel.htm"; target="_blank">Why don't you ask him yourself, Kaboom?</a>

UPDATE: Scratch that Kaboom...

<a href="http://www.northamerican.com/EMAIL_RESPONSE.htm"; target="_blank">Here's what Ollie has to say about it...</a>

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Artman @_@ ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Carpet bomb all of Afghanistan, never mind the casualties! No nukes though they get into the atmospher and kcuf uoy pu!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>Carpet bomb all of Afghanistan, never mind the casualties! No nukes though they get into the atmospher and kcuf uoy pu!</strong><hr></blockquote>

good point - 5k dead New Yorkers - each one of them got family, and you really consider to kill nearly all of Afghanistans population (equal - *enter exact number here, far more than 5000...*) women that were treated worser than dogs, a lot of people suffering under regime, well....

You are just right: KILL´EM ALL!

go play quake you damned silly kid! [Bad Word] /btw. nothing against quakers....

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: iChmul ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by iChmul:

<strong>

good point - 5k dead New Yorkers - each one of them got family, and you really consider to kill nearly all of Afghanistans population (equal - *enter exact number here, far more than 5000...*) women that were treated worser than dogs, a lot of people suffering under regime, well....

You are just right: KILL´EM ALL!

go play quake you damned silly kid! F*** you!</strong><hr></blockquote>

No we really should kill them all. Turn the place into glass. It's the best solution for us.

Gotta go play quake now.