Jonathan Ives is the Johnny Greenwood of Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If you know what I'm talking about, you know I'm right.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well, how about letting those of us who DON'T know this Greenwood guy in on the fun? If I knew who he was, maybe I could have an opinion or offer a comment.

Isn't some big secret, is it?

• Reply 2 of 9
    Never mind. Thanks, Google.com!

Okay, since I know nothing about Radiohead, I have to stay out of this one.

• Reply 3 of 9
    Wait, does this mean Phil Schiller is The Edge and Avie is Peter Buck?

• Reply 4 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    This is the Johnny Greenwood that Google supplied me:

• Reply 5 of 9
    best analogy ever....

If you know where my sig is from you will know that I understand the original post.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Gee, I've listened to Radiohead and I know about this Greenwood guy in that he is a part of Radiohead, but that's about it. Aside from the fact that Ives is British and kind of looks like Thom (who's apparently not the dude), I have no idea why you'd compare him to Greenwood. Is Greenwood the ones that makes sure they all dress well or something.

If I were a Thomas and I went by "Thom" I'd be a loser.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    pookjppookjp Posts: 280member
    RyanTheGreat got it.

Johnny Greenwood is the man behind Radiohead. Thom Yorke is the main song writer, but it's Johnny who makes the songs really come to life. He has the technical know-how to use bizaare electronics, the music theory to write beautiful string/horn lines, and the genious to be able to play essentially any instrument or otherwise thrown at him.

Jonathan Ives, of course, is the man who makes Steve's dream happen. Steve has the vision, the dream, and so forth, but without Jonathan wouldn't have the execution. Steve can say he wants a computer that looks like a sunflower, but it takes a man like Jonathan to make that into a workable idea.

Both brilliant, both occupying similar roles in equally revolutionary groups.

- Pook
  • Reply 8 of 9
    synoticsynotic Posts: 151member
    [quote]Originally posted by PookJP:

<strong>RyanTheGreat got it.

Johnny Greenwood is the man behind Radiohead. Thom Yorke is the main song writer, but it's Johnny who makes the songs really come to life. He has the technical know-how to use bizaare electronics, the music theory to write beautiful string/horn lines, and the genious to be able to play essentially any instrument or otherwise thrown at him.

Jonathan Ives, of course, is the man who makes Steve's dream happen. Steve has the vision, the dream, and so forth, but without Jonathan wouldn't have the execution. Steve can say he wants a computer that looks like a sunflower, but it takes a man like Jonathan to make that into a workable idea.

Both brilliant, both occupying similar roles in equally revolutionary groups.

- Pook</strong><hr></blockquote>Okay, but isn't it Jonathan *Ive* with no 's' at the end?

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Synotic ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 9
    pookjppookjp Posts: 280member
    eh.