need help with flash/youtube on macbook pro

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
i need help with my brand new macbook pro 15 because it wont play yotube videos. It says i need the most recent version of flash(which I think the computer has from the factory) so i downloaded and installed the lastest version for osx. The site still doesnt work and the weird thing is that every other site that has flash it works on fine, hulu, the actual adobe site checks and says its working fine, etc. If anybody has any suggestions please help cause it really sucks to have an awesome new computer and not be able to see something a netbook can do!

P.S. I live no where near an apple store so walking in and asking them is not an option

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    try with a different browser.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Try repairing the permissions as flash player screws quite a few up when installed. I have noticed after they have been repaired things seem to work much better.

I have also seen similar problems under windows with youtube and flash crashes running the latest stable version.

I mainly run macs but have a pc for my work related stuff and always do some tests with it to see if anything different happens.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Thanks I checked out the permissions and now its working fine