Magic Mouse-Tracking Speed

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have the latest 10.6.2 update but have a question about the tracking speed for the Magic Mouse.

I am happy with the Magic Mouse but the tracking is slower than other mice I'm used to. I have put the tracking at the maximum speed and slower tracking is nice for sometimes clicking just where I need to but when I'm going from one side of the screen to the other it's hard. I also am using it on a mousepad. I know it's not required but seems more comfortable but the mouse goes off the end of the mouse pad when I go across the screen.

Is there any possible way to make the tracking faster? I hope with a future update maybe Apple will make this possible if it's not now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

I have the latest 10.6.2 update but have a question about the tracking speed for the Magic Mouse.

I am happy with the Magic Mouse but the tracking is slower than other mice I'm used to. I have put the tracking at the maximum speed and slower tracking is nice for sometimes clicking just where I need to but when I'm going from one side of the screen to the other it's hard. I also am using it on a mousepad. I know it's not required but seems more comfortable but the mouse goes off the end of the mouse pad when I go across the screen.

Is there any possible way to make the tracking faster? I hope with a future update maybe Apple will make this possible if it's not now.

Download Better Touch Tool. It's in Alpha production right now, but you can easily set the tracking speed without setting any of the other functions in development.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    You can also download mousezoom which I'm using right now, set at speed 10. I can't understand why apple doesn't have faster speeds by default. It feels lazy.