Clean install of SL, but still problems...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I've wiped my HD and re-installed SL. It seems faster, although there are still a few issues:

1) iWork (Pages, Numbers) has very weird coloring. All the text looks light blue and/or cyan, and I can't fix it.

2) Although initially Safari worked great, lately it's been going back to its habits of being slow and showing strange things like chopping up the 'Top Sites' view, i.e. rendering it in an off way.

3) Adobe CS3 will not install properly. I get them loaded up, but when I try to launch a program, I get an error that says "licensing for this product has stopped working". I cannot get to the 'activate' page, even though I uninstalled and deactivated CS3.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did restore my home account after clean installing SL-- maybe I should have brought the files over folder by folder rather than bringing back my whole home folder with its settings? I wonder if I accidentally brought over Adobe's FLEXnet folder too.

Also, does anyone know if Adobe CS3 can cause these problems with Safari and other programs? It just seems that the whole machine was slower after installing CS3, even though I wasn't running the programs.

Any help is appreciated.

Nate

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nateeanes View Post

I've wiped my HD and re-installed SL. It seems faster, although there are still a few issues:

1) iWork (Pages, Numbers) has very weird coloring. All the text looks light blue and/or cyan, and I can't fix it.

2) Although initially Safari worked great, lately it's been going back to its habits of being slow and showing strange things like chopping up the 'Top Sites' view, i.e. rendering it in an off way.

3) Adobe CS3 will not install properly. I get them loaded up, but when I try to launch a program, I get an error that says "licensing for this product has stopped working". I cannot get to the 'activate' page, even though I uninstalled and deactivated CS3.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did restore my home account after clean installing SL-- maybe I should have brought the files over folder by folder rather than bringing back my whole home folder with its settings? I wonder if I accidentally brought over Adobe's FLEXnet folder too.

Also, does anyone know if Adobe CS3 can cause these problems with Safari and other programs? It just seems that the whole machine was slower after installing CS3, even though I wasn't running the programs.

Any help is appreciated.

Nate

You wonder? Take a look inside your account's Library folder

~/Library/Application Support/

~/Library/Preferences/

for your issues with Adobe.

Font hues around the anti-aliasing is an issue with your color profile for your system.

~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Is there a profile for your monitor referenced? If not, run ColorSync to create one. Read up on how to configure with Apple's online documentation.

Restore from Backup bring over all your visible and hidden preferences [.files] with you.