Apple Mail- Folders within the Inbox

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've used Apple Mail for years but struggled so long with the folder structure. I would love for my multiple "Mailboxes" (folders) to go under the Inbox like such:

The reason being when I create new mailboxes they go to a completely separate heading under that e-mail address. So when my searches in Apple Mail are not comprehensive, as it'll often search the Inbox without searching the other Mailboxes. This is such a simple feature yet my web searches have proved fruitless. I've also contacted my ISP Host Gator but recommend that I ask Apple or search the internet. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Create Smart Mailboxes that search with the criteria you want.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hanguolaohu View Post

I've used Apple Mail for years but struggled so long with the folder structure. I would love for my multiple "Mailboxes" (folders) to go under the Inbox like such:

The reason being when I create new mailboxes they go to a completely separate heading under that e-mail address. So when my searches in Apple Mail are not comprehensive, as it'll often search the Inbox without searching the other Mailboxes. This is such a simple feature yet my web searches have proved fruitless. I've also contacted my ISP Host Gator but recommend that I ask Apple or search the internet. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

All you should need to do is create a new mailbox (either by clicking the '+' sign at the lower left of the Mail window or by right-clicking on your Inbox icon). When the dialogue box pops up, click the Location drop-down menu. It should behave hierachicaly which allows the nesting of the new mailbox that you're trying to achieve. Once you navigate to where you want that mailbox, just give it a name and click 'OK'. It should appear right where you want it.