Email Fraud/Miscommunication?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hey,

I was wondering if you guys could help me?

For awhile now I've been getting emails addressed to some other person. Today, I got an email confirming that this person had activated a Virgin Mobile number and I used the attached phone number to contact him/her through a text. However, this person responded quite rudely and claims that the phone number is his/her mother's and not to contact them again.

I've been getting promotional material and other emails from his/her friends for awhile now, but I hadn't really noticed. But now that I noticed that I have this person's account and PIN number, I want to figure out what's going on. I don't know how to go about contacting them and setting it straight so that they can go on their way.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    They may have mistyped their email address onto a service they use so the emails are going to your account. Their email address is possibly 1 letter or number different from yours. If you have their pin number, you can probably log into their account and change it. If the name is on the account, you may be able to guess what their actual email address is. If you can't guess, you can change it to an email that definitely won't exist like [email protected] and that way the emails will just get bounced back to the provider and they'll deal with it.