iPhone upgrade eligibility annoyance

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have been an iphone user since it came out and an AT&T customer for 3 years. I have three phones on my family plan and needless to say, I'm a good customer (always pay my bill in full and on time). I do like AT&T and haven't really had a problem with them except for this annoyance: I have to pay the unsubsidized price for every iPhone I buy and as most of you know the phone companies really screw you on the unsubsidized price. I love the iPhone so much that I will always get the new iPhone model the first day it comes out, that's just how I am. My friend is just like me however, he never has to pay the unsubsidized price even though he got the iPhone when it first day it came out and has gotten every one since on the first day of release. I have called AT&T and talked about this with them. They gave me a bunch of mumbo jumbo that didn't make any sense so I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what I can do to get around this. If you have encountered something like this, please reply because it is very annoying paying 200 dollars+ on top of the phone price.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jip9 View Post

I have been an iphone user since it came out and an AT&T customer for 3 years. I have three phones on my family plan and needless to say, I'm a good customer (always pay my bill in full and on time). I do like AT&T and haven't really had a problem with them except for this annoyance: I have to pay the unsubsidized price for every iPhone I buy and as most of you know the phone companies really screw you on the unsubsidized price. I love the iPhone so much that I will always get the new iPhone model the first day it comes out, that's just how I am. My friend is just like me however, he never has to pay the unsubsidized price even though he got the iPhone when it first day it came out and has gotten every one since on the first day of release. I have called AT&T and talked about this with them. They gave me a bunch of mumbo jumbo that didn't make any sense so I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what I can do to get around this. If you have encountered something like this, please reply because it is very annoying paying 200 dollars+ on top of the phone price.

How sure are you that your friend is getting what he says Providers are pretty up front for the most part. I purchased a Legally UnLocked iPhone from Hong Kong and use T-Mobile Prepaid. I don't like 2 year contracts and the plans that are offered. I paid over $800USD but it's worth every penny.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sekars2012 View Post

I encountered this 3 times on my iPhone 4. Two times still with iOS 4 (after having the data copied to the iPhone 4 from the old iPhone 3G) and just now with iOS 4.0.1 (after I had two days ago set up the iPhone 4 completely new from scratch):

All of sudden, without any interaction, all Apps I have purchased from the iTunes store are deleted from my iPhone. Everything gone. Emails, contacts, calenders etc are not affected. But all the Apps I bought.

Adelaide Day Tours

Data Recovery San Antonio TX

1. This has absolutely nothing to do with anything that has been said.

2. Your fake signature is spam. Remove it or be reported.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    What I know of the system is that you have to have an a new account or one for two years to get the subsidized rate or have a large enough account to qualify for a upgrade sooner. With my family plan with one iPhone, one normal phone, unlimited texting and my work discount it only took 7 months for me to an upgrade, but I also have/had AT&T TV and internet.

If you have an AT&T store close to you, you might find a guy that might give you a deal or tell you when the best time is. For an example I got the AT&T M-Cell, told me how to get the discount and get out of the phone plan that comes with it.

Good Luck