Chick Drinks and the Manly Man

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/03/fashion/03NOTI.html"; target="_blank">NY Times article</a>.

My favorite part is when the marketing guy talks exactly like a marketing guy:

[quote] The makers of Courvoisier, noting that women now own eight million businesses in the United States, concluded that there is a growing segment of women who are proactive consumers. They "seek excitement and stimulation in new, unique ways, through tastes, music and experiences," said Matt Wiant, a senior vice president for marketing at Courvoisier. "They are energy-makers, heartbreakers and inspiring consumers in almost every category." <hr></blockquote>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I for one, when I go out only drink the house brewed beer (I mean if I want a Heiny or a Bass, I'll just pick it up at the store) or a scotch straight up with no ice. I'm not into the fruity drinks but my wife loves them. My friend once got a strawberry daquiri. Man he never heard the end of it from us...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    It's all crap.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Courvoisier is now a chick drink? Well, I guess that means at least some women are developing a more sophisticated palate.

I used to tend bar. I could make all those godawful fruity drinks with the best of them but when I went out with friends I'd never order one for myself. Maker's Mark on the rocks for me, please. Or when I'm feeling like doing the frat boy thing, shots of tequila and a bottle of Lone Star. I always drink Lone Star when I'm slumming it.

Courvoisier is great when the snow is falling and you're sitting in front of a fire. mmmm

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: roger_ramjet ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    "chick" drink? This reminds me of how taking baths is a girly thing.

Well I for one love baths, all the most ****ed up drinks (ya, straight up is good at times, but how long can you nurse a straight scotch or, god forbid, vodka?), AND SCARFS DAMNIT! Best thing man ever invented.

Intresting note about Russian here:

Water: Voda

Vodka: Vodka
  • Reply 5 of 7
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]

<strong>(ya, straight up is good at times, but how long can you nurse a straight scotch or, god forbid, vodka?)</strong><hr></blockquote>

The secret to enjoying liquor straight up is to drink quality booze.

I've always enjoyed Courvoisier. It's perfect all by itself and I can't begin to imagine why you'd want to mess it up by mixing it with anything else.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The quote is just marketing, like when Jobs effuses "cool" every other second in his Moneyline interviews. Good stuff though.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>It's all crap.</strong><hr></blockquote>

groverat is correct yet again