Is MobileMe worth it?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi

I'm just coming to the end of a mobile me free trial and am considering whether to carry on with a subscription and I just wanted to get some opinions on whether it's worth the money.

The main reasons that I've found it useful were:

- The peace of min of the find my iPhone feature - my phone is insured but i like knowing that I can easily wipe it remotely/see where it

- I have two macs so the easy syncing of calendars, bookmarks etc is great.

However I don't really use the iDisk features at all (as I have dropbox).

If you've got mobile me, do you think it's worth the money?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    For me, it's worth it for the synchronization, alone.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I have it and I'm happy fro the most part.

I wish that iDisk and the web mail were faster but MM stitches everything I have, several macs and an iPhone, together without too much muss and fuss.

If they can improve the speed and responsiveness of MM, then it'll be very nice IMO.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    yes .
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I think i'm going to see if i can find it a little cheaper than the standard apple price. It's been two days and I'm missing the over the air syncing already, but £60 is a little bit much!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ilogicilogic Posts: 298member
    Yes it is, this is my second year on it. If you really take advantage of working with your calendar, uploading photos onto your gallery it's worth it. If it's just for email, no it's not. If you have an iPhone it's also worth it. I use the iDisk to share files between remote computers, combined with a LogMeIn Free service, there's not much I can't do.

I've never used back to my mac, I can't get it to work, and I don't have two macs to work from anyway...