MBP WiFi Reception Suddenly Goes Bad?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
This morning I woke up, and popped open my 15" MBP to browse the web--a very usual routine for me. There was no internet, so I did what I always do and ambled back to the other room to check the modem & router. It all looked good, so I came back to the kitchen and spent the next 20 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong.

I finally discovered that--overnight--my laptop's wifi reception had diminished. I discovered that if I turned around and moved about 5-6 feet I could regain reception. I know this for a fact, because I sit in the same spot at my kitchen table all the time. Suddenly that spot was no longer receiving wifi.

I know it's my laptop and not the router, because my wife's laptop (an HP 311) still works. I can have the two sitting right next to each other and her's will get a strong signal and mine won't even connect. But I stand up and move a few feet, and turn around, suddenly my connection is back.

Any thoughts on what happened? This is frustrating, because I like sitting at my kitchen table while working on my laptop.

Thanks!

Chris