iPod Touch Camera Coming Jan 27th?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hey guys i'm not sure if this is the right forum or if it should go in the future hardware section but the sticky said ipod and iphone posts belong in their respected locations anyway

I am very anxious to purchase an ipod touch 8gb and i am wondering if i should wait to see if they release an ipod touch with the jan 7th event or since i'm buying an 8gb that there is no chance what so ever that they will release it thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Hi

i don't think that they will add anything new to it! In the past iPod Touch has always resemble iPhone - phone functionality... so I don't see why this time would be any different! Adding camera to Ipod was pretty good idea, but the microphone is definitely the biggest news! AT&T will really hate this one! So many any time minutes and text massages will go through the Skype instead of AT&T network! I have never really like Apple (about million reasons for it) but this was good move on their part and we should give them credit for it! I just hope that Microsoft take a notes from this and does the same with Zune HD, other way...their player will be outdated before even hits the market!

Thanks
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dubizoobi View Post

Hi

i don't think that they will add anything new to it! In the past iPod Touch has always resemble iPhone - phone functionality... so I don't see why this time would be any different! Adding camera to Ipod was pretty good idea, but the microphone is definitely the biggest news! AT&T will really hate this one! So many any time minutes and text massages will go through the Skype instead of AT&T network! I have never really like Apple (about million reasons for it) but this was good move on their part and we should give them credit for it! I just hope that Microsoft take a notes from this and does the same with Zune HD, other way...their player will be outdated before even hits the market!

Thanks

so you haven't seen an reason to believe that they will? and do you think i should wait just in case or go and buy it. and thanks for your response
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I too am in the same dilemma. I would like to buy a birthday gift for my daughter. The Touch 3g looks great, as she can record lectures in college. But, having the camera to enable emailing pictures when in WiFi range would be an excellent feature.

Should I buy the current model or wait until after 1/27, which seems to be a date on which information on the camera (yes or no) might be released?

elasson
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Just wait. It's like a few days away.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ipoda View Post

Just wait. It's like a few days away.

Do you know something that I don't? It seems that today was the big announcement? Are others scheduled?