lol starting at 499

better come with a reacharound
  • Reply 162 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

It isn't that great.

1. Its not a game changer

2. Its nothing more then a larger iPod Touch

3. It can't work as a Mac. No version of iLife or iWorks like rumored. It has no real processing power.

4. Unlike some have mentioned its not powerful enough for Slate computing to take over notebooks.

5. They can bundle it with Apple Tv and try and sell it at Costco because thats the only way they are going to make money on this.

has 3g with no contract and half decent pricing on data... and only iWork but for 10 bucks an app for some dumb down version i suppose...
  • Reply 163 of 785
    Shove that trolls, unlocked and with 3g, and starting at $499, stick that up your...
  • Reply 164 of 785
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    IM SOLD!

Ill be buying the base model one lol
  • Reply 165 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RCO3 View Post

Odd, I saw lots of mention of iWork.

I just did too so this might not be as bad as I thought. Multi Touch iWork would be major for me.
  • Reply 166 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

[CENTER]What makes you think that?

Unless I'm mistaken it does (in fact) have a very capable camera... possibly two!.[/CENTER]

LOL. You are making fun of the people around here. Calm down.
  • Reply 167 of 785
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
  • Reply 168 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by moonpunk View Post

I have an iPhone (great device/dreadful phone - but then we all knew that) so why on earth do I need a bigger one?! I get the idea that I can sit on the train and read books and watch 10 hours of video having had it hanging around without charge for up to a month (yeah right - like that's gonna live up to expectations) but I'm still having to carry my laptop so I'm taking two devices?? I don't think so!

Absolutely everything Apple has done before has been surrounded in hype and they've compeltely pulled it off - but this (as the share price right this second would suggest) is NOT their finest hour.

Oh sure it'll sell - but I for one am disapointed.

M

Exactly how I feel. I have an iPod, iPhone and MBP. It is useless for me.

Ironic they call it iPad and you cant write on it.

Anticipation and hype was way too high on this one... All because of the iPhone.
  • Reply 169 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MasterxAce View Post

has 3g with no contract and half decent pricing on data... and only iWork but for 10 bucks an app for some dumb down version i suppose...

let me just say that chargin more for 3g version is stupid... now att give me unlimited data for my usb stick for 30 and well talk!!
  • Reply 170 of 785
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    [CENTER]Wow! My predictions were all very close...

$499 for 16GB of iPad. That's our base model. 32GB is $599, 64GB is $799. 3G models cost an extra $130. $629, 729, and 829 with 3G.

[/CENTER]
  • Reply 171 of 785
    Keyboard dock!!!!!
  • Reply 172 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

f. flash. forget about it. It's crap, and html 5 specifications just do away with it. Nobody gives a flying f. about flash anymore, even once flash websites have stopped using it, it's not user friendly, it's a hog on resources, there's a whole list on way flash sucks.

And yet people still use Flash.

Why? Because if you can imagine it, it's possible to make in Flash.

Tell me how HTML 5 Plans to accomplish THIS.

Do I need to mention the legion of creative professionals whose work benefits from motion? Don't waste my time with that tweener animation crap that jQuery brings to the table for forms. It's not truly interactive.

Google is starting to index it. Flash now supports deep-linking. Bing doesn't, but who cares about Bing? Silverlight is a Hulu novelty.

Your, and Apple's mistake, is to continue to think Flash is a video codec.

If you use Flash correctly, it's a interactive movie in the form of a website that cannot be replicated by lesser, traditional technologies.

HTML5? Are you serious? I suppose you think 99% of users will be able to see CSS3 content tomorrow, too?
  • Reply 173 of 785
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    With that sized screen and iWork, it's not just a bigger iPhone, it's an alternative to a Netbook.
  • Reply 174 of 785
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fast Fred 1 View Post

No cam so..no iChat.....not good for me. I iChat all the time with my son in the Navy on my iMac. I was so hoping. \

Yeah that would have been nice
  • Reply 175 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Shove that trolls, unlocked and with 3g, and starting at $499, stick that up your...

add 130 to that price for 3g, and you might be right
  • Reply 176 of 785
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post

LOL. You are making fun of the people around here. Calm down.

[CENTER] What's up Buddy... Not really, just keeping the record straight.[/CENTER]
  • Reply 177 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ifail View Post

IM SOLD!

Ill be buying the base model one lol

piss off troll.
  • Reply 178 of 785
    rco3rco3 Posts: 76member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SheldonJohnScott View Post

Exactly how I feel. I have an iPod, iPhone and MBP. It is useless for me.

Ironic they call it iPad and you cant write on it.

Anticipation and hype was way too high on this one... All because of the iPhone.

And what were you expecting? What was the line above which you would consider it NOT to be a fail? Were you planning to replace one of your many Apple possessions, or find a place where it fits with them?
  • Reply 179 of 785
    walshbjwalshbj Posts: 864member
    Wall Street likes the price.

They left lots of room to make improvements down the road. So early adopters will buy a second one to get the camera, bluetooth, etc.
  • Reply 180 of 785
    LOL. it is a 16GB closed OS not multitasking netbook wanna-be for the ridiculous price of $500. Yuck.